A proactive control systems technician support role for fulfillment center operations, focusing on equipment troubleshooting and maintaining material handling equipment such as conveyors, sortation systems, scanners, cameras, print and apply systems, scales, HMI systems, and control cabinets.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintain material handling control systems, including PLC/PC controllers and industrial networks such as Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Profibus, motor control systems, servo drives, frequency drives, and electrical distribution systems.
2. Monitor MHE metrics and partner with facilities/operations for system performance issues.
3. Utilize FC System Assessment reports to improve material handling system performance through maintaining and repairing identified deficiencies.
4. Utilize FC network support resources for guidance and assistance, and provide assistance to peers, as needed.
5. Communicate technical issues to Facilities and Operations management.
Ability to identify, maintain and troubleshoot AB RS LOGIX 5000 PLC's and PLC components
Ability to identify and maintain Robotics system components
Ability to identify, maintain, and troubleshoot HMI components
Ability to identify, maintain, and troubleshoot control network components
Ability to identify, maintain, and troubleshoot Motor Controls including motor starters, Variable Frequency Drives, DC drives, and standard electrical components.
Industrial electrical hands-on experience and troubleshooting, including 480V 3-phase, 110 VAC, and 24VDC systems
Understand concepts of Warehouse Management System Software including Warehouse control systems
Reasoning, analytical and problem solving skills
Ability to interpret drawings both mechanical and electrical
Ability to identify, maintain, and utilize SCADA systems and KPI's
Ability to train others with lesser skills
Ability to access all levels and areas of the facility
Ability to interpret and understand policies and procedures and relate them to others
Associates degree in electronic technology or related field or equivalent experience
Systems controls knowledge or programming experience
Field service engineering experience
Systems trainer or training experience
Experience supporting a wide range of different conveyors and sortation systems
Experience with advanced automation controls systems
Experience with industrial robotics
Experience with ASRS systems
Project management experience
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Associated topics: clerk, forklift, intern, loader, logistics engineer, logistics intern, logistics technician, palletizer, warehouse, warehouse technician