From consulting on, to engineering, delivering and to servicing high quality solutions, from small to complex in multiple industries including refinery, mining, life sciences, gas utilities & pipelines, and power, across CA, NV, AZ, NM & HI and for over 80 years, our client continues to be a leader in the industry. Reasons to work for this company:
- Share in the successes of the companythis company has been employee-owned for over 30 years!
- Excellent, comprehensive benefits package.
- The company is a partner of one of the largest manufacturers of industrial products.
By working in tandem with the sales and engineering team you will be the primary focal point on project sales pursuits involving control systems, asset optimization products, and solution services. You must fully understand the customers business, understand the offerings and how they can be applied for profit improvement, and finally communicate the value effectively to generate profit for both the customer and the company.Responsibilities:
- Ensures that contractual obligations and thecustomer's system design and control application requirements are satisfied in a manner that will produce the maximum revenue for minimum cost, consistent with maintaining customer goodwill
- Requires a conceptual knowledge of specialized control systems (i.e. boiler, batch, continuous, feedforward/feedback, cascade, theory of control)
- Design and develop, configure, and implement a control strategy and application from P&ID instrument drawings
- Implements and/or modifies DeltaV, WirelessHART, and AMS Device Manager systems
- Working with the Automation Services management, Project Manager, prepares and implements plans & schedules for automation work including: procurement, fabrication, configuration, plant site installation, system commissioning, and startup of control systems.
- Completes or directs control loop and system application tuning
- Leads and supervises the work of less-senior team members
- Provides an in-depth knowledge of field I/O devices, such as pressure, flow, and temperature transmitters
- Provides systems level support assistance to other Process Systems & Services group personnel
- Provides and assists sales team with information regarding existing or future customer needs that may result in additional equipment, services, or engineering sales
- Provides technical, engineering or troubleshooting assistance to installed base customers
- Assists sales team in services estimation and quote preparation
- Works well under pressure: sometimes meeting multiple and conflicting deadlines
- Plan and organize sales calls and develop, and implement pursuit strategy using the Solutions Selling Process
- Consulting with engineering management to determine engineering and service requirements and strategy.
- Identify customer's Critical Success Factors (CSF), Key Performance Indicators (KPI), and key initiatives to support development of sales strategies, and project justifications
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of configuration and applications level software. As part of system control development or system commissioning implements or modifies control strategies to fit control application
- Strong Customer Service skills.
- Ability to interact with customers and develop process improvements
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written skills to effectively communicate.
- Team attitude and willingness to coordinate projects internally.
- Ability to handle special assignments and schedule demanding workload requirements to meet customer deadlines.
- Willingness to work the hours needed to meet customer requirements.
- Frequent travel to customer sites throughout territory. Occasional travel to branch offices, and other representative and factory sites as required.
- Demonstrated successful selling skills required
- Understanding of customers' organization, business model, and processes
Associated topics: backend, design, design pattern, develop, java, lead, project architect, senior, software architect, software engineer lead