Purpose Statement / Position Summary
The Administrative Assistant plays an integral role in ensuring that the department operates effectively. The incumbent should possess keen organizational skills, be forward-thinking and have excellent communication skills. Our fast-paced environment requires an individual who can multi-task and effectively utilize resources to solve problems.
Essential Job Outcomes
- Assist leadership with scheduling meetings and managing calendars. Meeting conflicts are addressed quickly.
- Ensure operational effectiveness of department, including:
- Maintain and schedule equipment repairs
- Submit work orders for carpet stains, burnt-out bulbs, broken furniture, etc.
- Check paper levels on printers daily
- Coordinate department-wide activities
- Monitor and order office supplies, as well as ensure supply room is organized and orders are within budgeted amounts.
- Ensure five conference rooms are scheduled properly, stocked with necessary supplies and well-maintained.
- Deliver and distribute mail to department on a daily basis.
- Facilitate catering orders as needed, including pick-up and clean-up.
- Proctor biweekly Epic exams.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and various web conferencing tools
- Demonstrated organization skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent