Job CategoryAlliances & Channels
An Industry Engineer is responsible for translating our industry solutions into demos that reflect current and future capabilities. They are the Salesforce capability expert on the Industry team. They work hand-in-hand with our solution design team to design and architect effective and needed solutions, then build into compelling demos that highlight the relevant Salesforce and partner capabilities. Demos produced aim to remove all technical objections, provide an acceleration into demo builds for account-specific Solution Engineers and make for a smooth sales process with prospects and customers
To accomplish this, the Industry Engineer must have a strong desire to leverage their technical, industry and/or sales skills, including the ability to solicit and digest business requirements, develop a technical approach, configure and effectively demonstrate the solutions that address these requirements and provide business value.
* Understand solution requirements, then translate designed industry solutions into compelling Salesforce demos - a mix of Salesforce and partner capabilities
* Collaborate with the Industry Demo Solutions team on solution requirements to produce baseline demos that respond to real-world needs and provide our sales teams with the acceleration they need to rapidly engage prospects and customers
* Lead the demo planning and building process for Industry events in an effort to showcase Salesforce's healthcare & life sciences prowess
* Serve as the subject matter expert on industry solution configurations - technically enable the field and, where there is a lack of expertise, engage directly with prospects and customers
* Participate in all appropriate product, sales, and procedural trainings and certifications to acquire and maintain the knowledge necessary to be effective in the position
* Attain quarterly and annual objectives assigned by management
* Ability to travel based on territory alignment and region
* B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience
* Knowledge of Salesforce and Health Cloud technology, related applications, relational database and web technology
* Solid oral, written, presentation, collaboration and interpersonal communication skills
* Ability to work as part of a team to solve technical problems in varied political environments
* Salesforce Certifications
* Previous experience as a solution/sales engineer for a CRM company or similar technology
* Basic programming experience in HTML and other web based technologies
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's \"World's Most Innovative Company\" five years in a row and one of Fortune's \"100 Best Companies to Work For\" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for \"family\") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.