Adjunct Associate Professor - Chemistry
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Education - Excluding Post Secondary
Adjunct Associate Professor - Chemistry
San Joaquin Delta Community College District
Under the general supervision and direction of assigned Division Dean, the primary responsibility of this position is to teach community college level Chemistry courses. The Agriculture, Science and Mathematics Division includes the life & physical sciences, mathematics and electron microscopy. The primary responsibility is to teach up to 15 unites (full-time) and 10 unites (part-time) in Chemistry. Responsibilities and Duties:Duties and Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Teach community college level Chemistry courses such as Introductory Chemistry, General Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, and Analytical Chemistry.
- Participate in the departmental process of curriculum review and modification.
- Complete various reporting procedures as required for student evaluation, course reporting and budget development.
- Attend various departmental, divisional and campus-wide activities and events as stipulated.
- Participate in departmental, divisional, and campus-wide activities and events as stipulated.
- Participate in departmental, divisional and campus-wide committee as part of the shared-governance process.
- Participate in divisional committees as assigned by the Division Dean.
- Perform other necessary duties which assure the smooth functioning of the Agriculture, Science and Mathematics Division, as assigned by the Division Dean and as outlined in Board Policy.
- Master's in Chemistry OR Bachelor's in Chemistry AND a Master's in Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Chemical Physics, Physics or Molecular Biology or the equivalent.
Supplemental Information:Desirable Qualifications:
- Or a valid California teaching credential in the discipline or service indicated.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- Familiarity with computers and their applications to the teaching of Chemistry.
- Earned Doctorate in Chemistry
- Demonstrated exemplary teaching experience in Chemistry at the post-secondary level.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a cooperative manner with staff, students and community college groups.
- Knowledge of the diverse needs and abilities of non-traditional students and familiarity with materials and methods designed to meet their needs.
- Ability to instruct students with widely varying chemistry backgrounds.
- Interest and experience in curriculum development.
- Interest and experience in large group instruction.
- Previous experience in applying Chemistry principles to technical or business problems.
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 51.91
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 79.07
- External Opening Date: Mar 19, 2019
Stockton, California, United States To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link:https://deltacollege.referrals.selectminds.comThe San Joaquin Delta Community College District provides access to its education programs and activities and makes all employment decisions without regard to national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected category. The District’s prohibition against sex and gender discrimination includes sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...