BI Report Developer
Our mission is simple: Keeping Seniors Healthy and Independentthats been our mission for almost 40 years. Rated as one of the top Medicare Advantage plans in California, SCAN Health Plan employees are passionate about what they do. Understanding that success is based on achieving the mission, SCAN employees are afforded with the training and tools necessary to do their jobs and they are rewarded for their efforts and recognized as experts in their fields. Ask anyone who works here and well proudly tell you that SCANs commitment has never wavered. We are as steadfast in our pledge to help our members live healthy and independent lives.
This role is responsible for the design, development, and support of Business Intelligence (BI) reports. They support organizational decision-making by producing accurate, trusted and actionable information.
- Leverage knowledge of clinical, quality, operations, finance (and other healthcare) data to develop, test and deploy reports to non-production environments.
- Design and develop report mock-ups and prototypes that promote refinement of final requirements
- Utilize SQL to develop complex queries in support of report objects
- Design/construct the report presentation layer to appropriately frame information and ensure intuitive use by consumers
- Adhere to established templates, development standards and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Interact with report consumers and other stakeholders to develop and propose appropriate report solutions
- Participate in business analysis activities to gather report requirements and sign-off from business stakeholders
- Develop and maintain technical specifications and end-user documentation of assigned projects and analyses
- Meet deadlines and maintain standards of accuracy and customer service
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; review professional publications; establish personal networks; participate in professional societies
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years developing complex reports using SQL
- Strong interpersonal/intrapersonal skills
- Strong logical and analytical skills
- Experience developing SSRS reports against complex data sets
- Ability to define systemic requirements for reports to ensure maintainability and perform acceptance testing.
- Experience diagnosing and resolving errors in complex reports
- Ability to define monitoring requirements and implement protocols for handling subscriptions
Your preferred qualifications
- Experience with healthcare data
- Healthcare / Managed Care industry reporting and analysis experience including analyzing healthcare claims data and / or pharmacy data
- Experience with denormalized data warehouse schema
What's in it for you? Qualified employees will receive
- A competitive compensation and benefits program
- An annual employee bonus program
- Generous paid-time-off (PTO)
- Ten paid holidays per year
- Excellent 403(b) Saving Plan, providing up to 4% match and vesting after three years
- Casual attire
- A work-life balance and much more!
We're always looking for talented people to join our team! Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply now!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information.
Associated topics: account executive, booker, business, celebrity, expert, head, leader, monitor, recruiter, specialist