Join our SWHS team of Professionals in our Progressive Care Unit (PCU)!
SWHS consists of two acute-care hospitals: Inland Valley Medical Center and Rancho Springs Medical Center.
Inland Valley Medical Center
A 122 bed acute care hospital which features the regions only Level II Trauma Unit and is the county-designated Paramedical Base station and Southwest Riverside County s only Center of Excellence in Weight Loss Surgery.
Registered Nurses are responsible for providing excellence in patient care, collaborative and comprehensive care based on patient and/or family needs, providing assessments, treatment and care on assigned units. Registered Nurses will also practice in accordance with all regulatory, professional, legal and hospital policies as well as consistently demonstrate behaviors that model the SWHS Core Values and the hospitals mission statement.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Attention to detail, high level of accuracy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and function effectively under high volumes of patients.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid understanding of English, grammar, and punctuation.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, BSA, circumference and volume.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE
- Two (2) years of recent department specific experience required.
- Charge nurse, supervisory expertise in department specific preferred.
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL EDUCATION
- Completion of an accredited Registered Nursing Program
- BSN preferred
REQUIRED LICENSURE / CERTIFICATIONS
- Registered Nurse with current California RN license.
- BLS certification.
- ACLS certification.
- Basic EKG/tele interpretation experience required OR completing a Basic EKG class within six months of employment
- Ability to function in a busy environment with shifting and evolving priorities.
- Ability to set priorities and accomplish multiple tasks on a daily basis.
- Subject to varying and unpredictable situations.
- Subject to many interruptions.
- Handles emergency crises situations.
- Ability to communicate verbally and written, continuously.
- Handles customer complaints in a positive, service-oriented manner.
Associated topics: ambulatory, bsn, care, domiciliary, infusion, neonatal, psychiatric, surgical, transitional, unit